Lives are enriched and people flourish – thanks to the special character and quality of life at Hohepa.
One thing is certain – Hohepa could never have started or developed over the past 50 years without the support of special friends. Every dollar of our building programmes was raised through the generosity of individuals, charitable trusts and organisations in the wider community.
We receive 84% of our funding from government, the balance being made up from donations. We are not funded for capital expansion, special character, provision of therapies and nursing, and are dependent on public support to provide some services. We do not take administration charges out of donations, all funds received are strictly accounted for and the donor’s wishes respected.
Projects you may wish to donate to:
- Orchard Project - A consultant has drawn up a plan for us to extend the orchard by planting 400 organic plum trees. We really need your help with providing funding for irrigation, trees and equipment or simply donate a tree.
- Support Fund - our Day Service is only partially funded by government. We desperately need extra staffing support to maintain quality of life for those attending day programmes and provide more individualised attention.
- The Special Character - is not included in our government funding. To maintain the sense of security and purpose around the residents -- Anthroposophical therapies, plays, eurythmy, art and festivals are vital to provide stability in life and reduce high levels of anxiety.
- Heat Pumps - we are aiming to reduce our ‘energy footprint’ by installing heat pumps in every facility.
- Stage Equipment - the residents love to act and take part in plays and concerts, but we need stage lighting and equipment to help them do this effectively.
Hohepa Homes is a registered charitable trust under the Charities Act (Registration No. CC10865) and donations are therefore deductible for tax purposes. Your donation will make a significant difference to the lives of the people we support.
Other pages you may be interested in:
Employment | Volunteering | About Hohepa Canterbury | Festivals | Contact Us